IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- CONSENT CHECKLIST
- CROSS COUNTRY RUNNING
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- STRONGSTART SCHEDULE
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- UPCOMING DATES
Thank you to our families for supporting your child’s transition into a new school year and classroom setting. With your help, students are settling into classes, establishing new relationships, and co-creating vibrant classroom communities.
Parent Advisor Committee PAC
We were very pleased have 25 parents attend our first PAC meeting of the year! A new and complete executive was elected. Please continue to support our PAC group by attending meetings on the first Monday of each month at 8:45 a.m. Our next meeting is Oct. 3rd.
- Jesse Uppal – President
- Mani Sidhu – Vice-President
- Rimpi Begowal – Treasurer
- Christine Miller and Kris Wolfram – Secretary
Consent Check List
Please read, complete, sign and return the package of consent forms that will be coming home early this week. You may see your child’s teacher or Mr. Dekerf with any questions.
Cross Country Running
Cross Country season is starting! Cross country (outdoor running) is open to students in grades 3-7. Practices will be held Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. Cross country meets will be held at Bear Creek Park afterschool on Oct 4, 11, & 18. We are looking for parent volunteers to help with supervision at cross country meets.
Learning Commons News
Each of us is a Work of Art, Together we are a Masterpiece.
Pics From The Week
- Sept. 23 – Fire Drill #1
- Sept. 26 – Non Instructional Day
- Sept. 30 – Terry Fox Run and Orange Shirt Day
- Oct 3 – PAC meeting, 8:45 a.m. – all parents welcome
- Oct. 4 – Cross Country Meet at Bear Creek Park
- Oct. 6 – Meet the Teacher Night
- Oct. 10 – Thanksgiving Holiday
- Oct. 11 – Cross Country Meet at Bear Creek Park
- Oct. 18 – Cross Country Meet at Bear Creek Park