IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- PAC UPDATES
- TERRY FOX DONATIONS
- DIWALI PLANNING
- WALK & ROLL TO SCHOOL WEEK
- CROSS COUNTRY RUNNING
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
Our new PAC has been working hard to organize our upcoming hot dog day on Monday! They have been processing orders, counting money, prepackaging meals and will be cooking and preparing hot dogs on Monday morning. Parent helpers are welcome.
Please continue to support our school and order your Mabel’s Labels here.
Terry Fox Donations
Georges Vanier made a donation of $696.00 to the BC Cancer Society. Thanks for supporting cancer research and carrying on Terry’s message of hope.
We are looking forward to our upcoming Diwali celebrations on Friday, Oct. 28th. GV staff are working with students who will lead and present at our Diwali assembly at 9:00 a.m. Please contact the office if you have any connection to special Diwali presenters – ie. dhol drummers, bhangra dancers, etc.
Walk & Roll to School Week – Oct. 17 – 21
Walk & Roll to School Week is part of Surrey’s Safe and Active Schools Program. Walking and biking to school is a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly way to start and end your day. Please help us to reduce traffic congestion and improve student safety at GV.
Cross Country Running Team
- Oct. 17 – PAC Hot Dog Day
- Oct. 17 – 20 – Walk & Roll to School Week
- Oct. 18 – Cross Country Meet at Bear Creek Park
- Oct. 21 – Non-Instructional Day – no school for students
- Oct. 28 – Diwali Assembly, 9:00 a.m. luncheon for staff, 11:45 in gym
- Oct. 28 – PAC Treat Day
- Oct. 31 – Halloween
- Nov. 4 – Non-Instructional Day – no school for students
- Nov. 9 – Remembrance Day assembly, 10:40 a.m.
- Nov. 10 – Non-Instructional Day – no school for students
- Nov. 11 – Remembrance Day – school closed
- Nov. 15 – Photo re-take day
- Nov. 28 – Art Starts fine arts performance in gym, 11:00 a.m.
- Dec. 6 – Communicating Student Learning letter sent home
- Dec. 8 – Early Dismissal, 1:25 p.m.
- Dec. 15 – Christmas Sing-A-Long, 10:45 a.m. – families welcome
- Dec. 19 – Winter Holiday
- Jan. 3 – School Re-opens