IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- HAPPY DIWALI
- HALLOWEEN SAFETY
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
Happy Diwali to all of our students and families who are celebrating today!
Thank you to our amazing parent group for organizing a Diwali feast for our staff and students on Friday. We greatly appreciate your generous spirit.
Halloween Safety – Fire Works
As the inevitable Halloween festivities are upon us, families are reminded that it is illegal for any person under the age of 18 to possess fireworks in the City of Surrey or White Rock. Individuals under the age of eighteen who are found in possession of fireworks without a permit may be susceptible to a $250 fine. Exploding fireworks without a permit can also lead to a $500 fine, regardless of age. In addition to hefty fines, any fireworks brought on school property will be confiscated and students involved will be subject to disciplinary measures.
The district info sheets can be included in school newsletters, posted to your school website and/or sent out to parents as a reminder.
WHAT HAPPENS IN STRONGSTART?
• Children from birth – age 5 have meaningful play-based learning experiences based on the 4 domains of the Early Learning Framework (well-being and belonging, exploration and creativity, languages and literacies, social responsibility and diversity);
• Parent/caregivers observe and practice effective strategies that support early learning;
• Structures are based on the following principles:
*Children are born with the innate desire to learn; *Families are the primary caregivers of children and have the most important role in promoting
their children’s well-being, learning, and development in the context of supportive communities;
*Play is vital to children’s healthy development and learning;
*Consistent, responsive and nurturing relationships are essential to the well-being and early
learning of children;
*All aspects of children’s development and learning – physical, social, emotional, cultural,
linguistic ad intellectual – are interrelated and interdependent;
*Language plays a central role in connecting thought and learning;
*Children are active participants in their families and communities;
*The individual, cultural, and linguistic identities of children and families are respected and
integrated into early learning settings, programs, and activities;
*The physical environment shapes children’s learning and well-being. (Early Learning Framework)
Pics From The Week
Cross Country Running Seasons Wrapped Up Last Week
Our GV Volleyball Season is Beginning
Girl Power Cup Cake Sale
Hands On Learning with Pumpkins in Kindergarten
Thank You For 100 Pizzas!
We Greatly Appreciate The Staff Luncheon!
We Value Our Multicultural Multigenerational Community
- Oct. 31 – Halloween
- Nov. 4 – Non-Instructional Day – no school for students
- Nov. 9 – Remembrance Day assembly, 10:40 a.m.
- Nov. 10 – Non-Instructional Day – no school for students
- Nov. 11 – Remembrance Day – school closed
- Nov. 15 – Photo re-take day
- Nov. 28 – Art Starts fine arts performance in gym, 11:00 a.m.
- Dec. 6 – Communicating Student Learning letter sent home
- Dec. 8 – Early Dismissal, 1:25 p.m.
- Dec. 15 – Christmas Sing-A-Long, 10:45 a.m. – families welcome
- Dec. 19 – Winter Holiday
- Jan. 3 – School Re-opens