IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- PARKING TICKETS
- SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- ADOPT A SCHOOL: HORIZON CHURCH
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
We were so very proud of students who presented at our Remembrance Day Assembly on Wednesday – emcees, students in uniform, flag bearers, student presenters and audience members. We are also thankful for the parents and family members who were able to join us as we honoured Remembrance Day together.
Our Lost & Found items are on display this week. Please pick up a visitor badge at the office and then check out the items in the main hallway.
With student safety in mind, we continue to promote safe driving, pick-up, drop-off, and parking at GV. We will begin issuing Georges Vanier parking tickets to drivers who leave their cars unattended at the front of the school. This will serve as a reminder to follow the law and keep students safe.
Social Emotional Learning
At Georges Vanier we are focusing on three ways to promote Social Emotional learning in our students: class meetings, outdoor learning, and exploration / play time.
Learn more about Social Emotional Learning here:
Pics From The Week
Division 10 Learning at Save On Foods
Learning With Manipulatives In Math
Early Learning in StrongStart
Grade 3s Planting Daffodils
Lest We Forget
Horizon: Adopt a School
Our friends at Horizon Church support our school and families in many ways.
- September Gym Blast
- Christmas gifts for all students
- Christmas hampers for families in need
- Bussing to Cross Country and Track & Field events
- Sports Day volunteers
- Summer food hampers for families in need
- Individual family supports
- Treats for Staff
- … and more!
We greatly value our Horizon connection.
- Nov. 15 – Photo re-take day
- Nov. 28 – Art Starts fine arts performance in gym, 11:00 a.m.
- Dec. 6 – Communicating Student Learning letter sent home
- Dec. 8 – Early Dismissal, 1:25 p.m.
- Dec. 15 – Christmas Sing-A-Long, 10:45 a.m. – families welcome
- Dec. 19 – Winter Holiday
- Jan. 3 – School Re-opens