IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- Early Dismissal this Thursday, Dec. 8 @ 1:25 p.m.
- PAC MEETING
- STUDENT LEADERSHIP
- KINDNESS COUNTS BOOKS
- POSITIVE PARENTING PROGRAM
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
We enjoyed a spectacular Fine Arts performance on Monday and learned more about Canadian artist, Emily Carr. Later in the week grade 5,6,7 students participated in a full day of dance instruction with SQx Dance Company and shared their learning during a impromptu performance.
On Friday, at our Monthly Assembly, we learned more about student leadership initiatives, upcoming Christmas activities, and honoured our Primary Stars. Please see important dates and details below.
This coming Thursday, Dec. 8th @ 1:25 – 2:25 is our early dismissal day where students and family members will be welcomed into classrooms to discuss learning progress on FreshGrade. Please come prepared with a personal tech. device, questions and maybe some student learning goals.
Our next PAC meeting is this Monday, Dec. 5 @ 8:30 a.m. in the PAC room. All parents / guardians are welcome to attend!
Some of our Leadership Students had the opportunity to attend WE Day Vancouver (www.weday.com). It was an amazing experience. This year, we plan to make a difference in the world by supporting local and global issues. Please join us in our efforts to Scare Hunger and bring non-perishable food items to school during the week of Dec. 5th-9th, to support the Surrey Food Bank. Last year we collected 700 pounds of food! Save your quarters and get ready to guess how many items are in the Genius Jar. Bring a non-perishable food item for a bonus guess! All money raised will go to support the Surrey Food Bank. Please visit https://www.surreyfoodbank.org/donors/top-items to find a list of top 10 most needed items.
Did you know that Zinc Saves Lives? Simply send clean batteries that no longer work with your son/daughter to school at your convenience. We will be collecting used batteries all year. Find our more at http://www.zincsaveslives.com/.
View this video to learn more about how zinc saves lives:
Four Primary Kindness Counts Books from Ms. Crosland (welcome back!)
Click here for more ideas.
Check out how Division 5 promotes reading with the #Mannequin Challenge
Positive Parenting Program
Pics From The Week
Div. 7 Ice Skating at the Newton Arena
GV Volleyball Season
Emily Carr – Small Wonders – Thanks PAC!
CSP After School Cooking
Kindergarten Inquiry Learning
Grade 5,6,7 SQx Dance Program
Student Outdoor Learning
- Dec. 5 – PAC meeting, 8:45 a.m. – all parents welcome!
- Dec. 6 – Communicating Student Learning letter sent home
- Dec. 8 – Early Dismissal, 1:25 p.m.
- Dec. 9 – Pyjama School Spirt Day
- Dec. 9 – PAC hot lunch day
- Dec. 9 – PAC luncheon for Staff – Thank you!
- Dec. 15 – Christmas Sing-A-Long / Grade 7 Band Performs, 10:45 a.m. – families welcome
- Dec. 15 – Horizon Church delivers student gifts
- Dec. 15 – Christmas School Spirit Day
- Dec. 16 – last day before winter break
- Dec. 19 – Winter Holiday
- Jan. 3 – School Re-opens
- Jan. 6 – School Spirit – Jersey Day
- Jan. 9 – Dance In School lessons begin this week