IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- PAC MEETING ON MONDAY
- KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
- HEALTH NURSE INFORMATION
- BECOME AN EDUCATION ASSISTANT
- DANCE IN SCHOOL
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
It has been wonderful to reconnect with our school community this past week and settle into the 2017 together. Students, staff and families seem to appreciate getting back into home and school routines. With the continued wintery weather, please ensure that children are dressed appropriately for the cold, snow, ice and rain. Also, please take great care when walking in and around the school where surfaces can be slippery and hazardous.
We look forward to our first meeting of the New Year – Monday, January 9, 8:45 a.m. in the PAC room. All parents are welcome to attend!
Kindergarten Registration – begins Monday, January 16, 2017
Health Nurse Information for K Students
Are your Child’s Immunizations Up to date for Kindergarten?
Vaccines are a healthy choice for your child. They provide immunity and prevent disease.
Two vaccines are provided free for Kindergarten age children starting at age 4:
- DTaP – IPV (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and polio)
- MMRV (measles, mumps, rubella and varicella [chickenpox] )
If Public Health does not have up to date information regarding the immunizations your child has received, you will be receiving a letter from your local Public Health Unit. Please complete and return this letter to your local Public Health Unit or school (attention School Nurse) as soon as possible. If your child is not up to date for immunizations please call your local Health Unit or Family Physician and arrange an appointment.
Interested in Becoming an Education Assistant?
Dance In School
Dance lessons begin this week. Please be sure to return your permission form, toonie and await another notice this week. We look forward to seeing families at our Friday performances!
Learning Commons News
Students created by working as a group, including everyone’s ideas, sharing and completing the task in a designated amount of time. The challenge was to design a ‘Too Tall House’. Check out all of these focused makers.
Here’s a list of the diverse group of MightyGirls we will be focusing on. Students labelled their doll with their name and division to help keep track of the project.
After our research we will be making clothes for our dolls. Any donations of fabric scraps, sewing needles or thread from the community would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks.
Pics From The Week
Girl Power Bake Sale Success
Mr. Plumridge and Grade 4 Chess Players
Basketball Season is Starting
- Jan. 9 – PAC meeting, 8:45 a.m. – everyone welcome!
- Jan. 9 – Dance In School lessons begin this week
- Jan. 13 – Dance in School performance
- Jan. 16 – Kindergarten registration begins
- Jan. 20 – Dance in School performance
- Jan. 23 – Grade 4&7 FSA assessments begin
- Jan. 24 – Monthly Assembly
- Jan. 31 – Ready Set Learn, 9:00 a.m. in gym
- Feb. 2 – Axis Theatre Co. Performance, 1:15 – 2:15 p.m.
- Feb. 3 – Wacky Hair Spirit Day
- Feb. 6 – FSA Computer Testing begins this week
- Feb. 13 – Family Day Holiday
- Feb. 17 – NI Day – no school for students
- Feb. 22 – Feb. Monthly Assembly
- Mar. 10 – Last day before Spring Break
- Mar. 13 – 24 – Spring Break
- Mar. 27 – School reopens after break