IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
Week two of Dance In School was also a big success! All students developed new skills and confidence as dancers and presenters. Thanks to the many family members who joined us for the Friday performances and made extra donations. The major cost for this two week program was paid with PAC funds. We greatly appreciate the work of PAC and the families who support our fundraisers.
Registration begins Jan. 16 for children entering kindergarten in September 2017.
Children who turn five before Jan. 1, 2018 are eligible to start school in the fall.
Kindergarten registration must be done in-person at your neighbourhood school or school of preference (if space is available).
Learning Commons News
We had fun in the Learning Commons playing Musical Cushions. Students circled the books until the music stopped and then read the picture book. We practised looking at the details in the illustrations and worked on remembering how to turn the pages carefully so that the book does not get damaged.
Grade 4 classes used Doodle Buddy App to begin our design plans for our giant Eiffel Towers, the 5/6 classes continued with their Mighty Girl projects and the 4/5 class began looking at all of the fantastic ways that First Nations Peoples used Cedar: The Tree of Life.
Pics From The Week
Look Who Came To Visit! …Ms. Sander and new baby Aithan
GV Basketball Season Is Underway
Dance In School Week Two
- Jan. 23 – Grade 4&7 FSA assessments begin
- Jan. 24 – Monthly Assembly
- Jan. 27 – PAC hot lunch day – Subway
- Jan. 31 – Ready Set Learn, 9:00 a.m. in gym
- Feb. 2 – Axis Theatre Co. Performance, 1:15 – 2:15 p.m.
- Feb. 3 – Wacky Hair Spirit Day
- Feb. 6 – FSA Computer Testing begins this week
- Feb. 13 – Family Day Holiday
- Feb. 17 – NI Day – no school for students
- Feb. 22 – Feb. Monthly Assembly
- Mar. 10 – Last day before Spring Break
- Mar. 13 – 24 – Spring Break
- Mar. 27 – School reopens after break