IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S
- PAC MEETING ON MONDAY
- STAFF MEETINGS
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
We look forward to welcoming parents to our PAC meeting on Monday morning. We’ll be talking about PAC funds, fundraising projects, Family Photos, hot lunch days, and more! Please sign in at the office and then join us at 8:45 a.m. in the PAC room.
At the end of each month, school staff come together to meet and learn about school goals, vision, assessment, reporting, activities, decisions, students supports and more. We greatly appreciate our dedicated, caring and engaged GV staff!
Learning Commons News
We have been focusing on building and respecting our school community through creative and MakerEd co-operative projects. Three classes worked as a team to create some fantastic wall art based on Eric Carle’s ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’.
Some classes are helping each other to figure out how to make clothing for their Mighty Girls and others are working together to make First Nations cedar boxes.
We read ‘Be Who You Are’ by Todd Parr and posted our art on line. Todd Parr even wrote back to us. Woot!
Pics From The Week
Our most well attended Ready Set Learn!
Messages Of Hope
Axis Theatre – Hamelin: A New Fable
Girls Basketball Game at GV
What We Love About GV
Wacky Hair Day
Another Wintery Snow Day
- Feb. 6 – FSA Computer Testing begins this week
- Feb. 13 – Family Day Holiday
- Feb. 14 – PAC Treat Day, Happy Valentine’s Day
- Feb. 17 – NI Day – no school for students
- Feb. 22 – Pink Shirt Day, Feb. Monthly Assembly
- Mar. 3 – CSL letter sent home
- Mar. 10 – Last day before Spring Break
- Mar. 13 – 24 – Spring Break
- Mar. 27 – School reopens after break