IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S
- SNOW WEEK
- SHORT WEEK
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
Thank you for your support, flexibility and understanding as all Surrey Schools were closed for a record three snow days last week. Please see message here from Superintendent, Jordan Tinney:
New week will be another short week for students with Family Day on Monday, Feb, 13 and a Professional Day on Friday, Feb. 17. Don’t forget Tuesday, is Valentine’s Day and a perfect day to spread love and kindness!
PAC Meeting Rescheduled
Please join us on Monday, Feb. 20th, @ 8:30 a.m. in the PAC room for our rescheduled February PAC meeting.
Learning Commons News
Check out the snazzy new design of the Vanier Learning Commons website.
In the LC we have been reading ‘Sometimes I Feel like a Fox’ by Danielle Daniel. We made connections using Coast Salish designs for our follow-up activity and students made the link between the animals, the text and identifying their own varying emotions, strengths and feelings.
Students learned about using QR Codes. We decorated the LC with Valentine’s Day hearts and used the codes to check out some of the work other classes had been completing. Take a look at the lesson here and see some of our great student videos at Vanier on Video.
Pics From The Week
Another Snow Week! Thanks to to kind neighbour who cleared our pathways!
Numeracy Learning In Grade 3
Learning About Kindness and Valentine’s Day
We opened the gym at recess and lunch times for an indoor play option.
- Feb. 13 – Family Day Holiday
- Feb. 14 – PAC Treat Day, Happy Valentine’s Day
- Feb. 14 – FSA Computer Testing will continue this week
- Feb. 17 – NI Day – no school for students
- Feb. 20 – PAC meeting rescheduled, 8:30 a.m.
- Feb. 22 – Pink Shirt Day, Feb. Monthly Assembly
- Mar. 3 – CSL letter sent home
- Mar. 10 – Last day before Spring Break
- Mar. 13 – 24 – Spring Break
- Mar. 27 – School reopens after break