IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- NEW GARDEN BEDS
- PAC MEETING MONDAY
- NON-INSTRUCTIONAL DAY ON FRIDAY
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
It was wonderful to gather as a school community to celebrate and enjoy our Spring Concert: Sing Canada’s History! We are very proud of our talented student singers, dancers, narrators, artists, stage hands, actors, tech crew, greeter and more. Thanks to all of our staff, the concert committee and especially Ms. Harris for supporting our students and instilling a love of music.
All proceeds from the sale of concert tickets will go towards purchasing musical instruments for our school.
Learning Commons Photo Gallery
Vanier Makers: Creating with Lego, Puzzles and creating a Book Stand.
Figuring out how to crochet.
Kindergarten students making beaded bracelets to practise patterning.
New Garden Beds
Thanks to PAC for purchasing 5 self watering gardening containers for our school! Mr. Newbold and students worked together to install and prepare the containers for planting.
PAC Meeting Monday – 8:30 a.m. in the PAC room – please join us!
Non-Instructional Day on Friday – no school for students
School will be closed on Friday, as all staff will be attending learning convention workshops.
Pics From The Week
- May 5 – Non-Instructional Day – no school for students
- May 9 – BC Election Day
- May 10 – Early Dismissal (program evaluation, assessment, evaluation)
- May 12 – TEDx Talks Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- May 18 – Pow Wow dancing for intermediates
- May 22 – Victoria Day holiday
- May 25 – Parent Appreciation Tea & Variety Show, 8:30 – 10:00 a.m.
- May 29 – Non-Instructional Day – no school for students
- May 31 – May Monthly Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 1 – Kindergarten Orientation, 9:00 a.m.
- June 9 – Sports Day
- June 15 – Primary Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 21 – Celebration Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 22 – Div. 1,2,3,4 Golden Ears FT
- June 27 – Grade 7 Year Farewell Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 29 – Early Dismissal, 1:25, last day of classes