IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- NOT A BOX PROJECT
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- BADMINTON SEASON
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- STRONG START
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
We look forward to exciting events, celebrations and learning this week at GV!
- Monday: Track & Field rotations, Grades 3-7 @ 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: BC Election – please remember to vote!
- Wednesday: Walk to School Wednesday, Earthquake drill, Early Dismissal @ 1:25 p.m. (teacher planning, assessment and program evaluation)
- Friday: TEDx Assembly, 9:00 a.m. – families welcome to attend
Not a Box Project in Division 9 – Ms. Tracey
Students in Division 9 are developing their critical and creative thinking skills during ‘Not a Box Challenge’. After careful thought and planning, students developed and designed a way to solve a problem in the world. These past weeks, they have been working to bring their creation to life using a cardboard box and up-cycled materials.
Learning Commons News
Making and designing. Celebrating First Nations art.
Robotics and coding.
Crochet enthusiasts creating at recess and lunch.
Pics From Badminton Season
Congratulations to our team members and special thanks to coaches, Ms. Fei, Ms. Lutz and Ms. Peaker!
Pics From The Week
Several classes contributed to our lily pond featuring art by Haida artist Darrel Amos.
- May 9 – BC Election Day
- May 10 – Early Dismissal (program evaluation, assessment, evaluation)
- May 12 – TEDx Talks Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- May 18 – Pow Wow dancing for intermediates
- May 22 – Victoria Day holiday
- May 25 – Parent Appreciation Tea & Variety Show, 8:30 – 10:00 a.m.
- May 29 – Non-Instructional Day – no school for students
- May 31 – May Monthly Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 1 – Kindergarten Orientation, 9:00 a.m.
- June 9 – Sports Day
- June 15 – Primary Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 21 – Celebration Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 22 – Div. 1,2,3,4 Golden Ears FT
- June 27 – Grade 7 Year Farewell Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 29 – Early Dismissal, 1:25, last day of classes