Getting back into school routines
As summer comes to a close, it’s time to start thinking about getting the family back into a school routine.More flexible summer schedules often include staying up late, sleeping in and eating at various times, which can make the back-to-class transition challenging.
Optional Student Accident Insurance
Did you know that the Surrey School District does not insure expenses for student injuries that happen on school grounds or during school activities? You are responsible for these expenses as a parent or guardian.
Your DPAC and the School District provides the opportunity to voluntarily purchase private accident insurance through the Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance program underwritten by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Ltd.
- Provides coverage 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, in or out of school.
- Covers expenses that are limited or not insured under MSP, private or group insurance plans; for example, private tutors, lump sum payment for fractures and dislocations, counselling and much more.
- Covers injury related Dental (including future expenses).
- Covers injury related Eyeglasses (repair or replace).
- Low annual premiums from $14.50 per student for the Basic Plan
(discounts available for families with 3 or more children). For more information, or to apply on-line, visit: www.kidsplus.ca