IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- HALLOWEEN SAFETY
- HARVEST FEST
- NON-INSTRUCTIONAL DAY – Nov. 3 – 2017
- REMEMBRANCE DAY
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
We look forward to a safe and fun-filled Halloween on Tuesday! Primary classes will take part in a costume parade in the morning, some intermediate classes are going swimming, and grade 7s will enjoy a dance in the afternoon. See your child’s teacher about other plans for the day.
As the inevitable Halloween festivities are upon us, please remind students that it is illegal for any person under the age of 18 to possess fireworks in the City of Surrey or White Rock. Individuals who are found in possession of fireworks without a permit may be susceptible to a $250 fine. Exploding fireworks without a permit can also lead to a $5,000 fine. In addition to hefty fines, any fireworks brought on school property will be confiscated and students involved will be subject to disciplinary measures.
Harvest Fest at Horizon Church – Oct. 31, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Georges Vanier students and families are invited to attend for free. There is also a free shuttle from Georges Vanier school on the night of Oct. 31. Tickets are available at the school office.
Non-instructional Day on Friday, Nov. 3 – no school for students
We will honour Remembrance Day at our assembly on Thursday, Nov. 9th at 10:40 a.m.. Family members are welcome to join us for this important event. Students who are involved with Scouting or Cadets are invited to wear their uniforms and be part of the flag procession. Parents or family members who have been involved in the Canadian military are invited as guests of honour and are asked to contact the school office.
Pics From The Week
For information on activities, projects and news from the Vanier Learning Commons click here.
- Nov. 3 Non-instructional Day – no school for students
- Nov. 6 eFSA computer tests this week
- Nov. 7 StrongStart closed today
- Nov. 7 PAC meeting, 8:45 a.m.
- Nov. 9 Remembrance Day Assembly, 10:40 a.m. – families welcome
- Nov. 10 Non-instructional Day – no school for students
- Nov. 13 Remembrance Day – no school
- Nov. 14 Individual photo retakes (StrongStart photos at recess only)
- Nov. 16 Fine Arts Performance, 9:00 a.m. in gym, families welcome