IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- SEAT BELTS
- CLOTHING EXCHANGE OPEN
- LOST & FOUND
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
At times we observe Vanier children who are not correctly restrained in vehicles. Child safety is always our highest priority. Please review the details below.
Child Seating and Restraint Systems
Many children are not tall enough to wear a seat belt safely. For this reason, all drivers must ensure young passengers are properly restrained — protective seating types change as a child gets older, taller and heavier.
There are four stages of child seating and restraint systems in total:
- Infants: required to sit in rear-facing car seats until they are at least 12 months old and over 9kg (20 lbs)
- Toddlers: required to sit in forward-facing car seats when the child is at least a year old and over 9 kg (20 lbs). They should continue to be buckled into this type of seat until they are 18 kg (40 lbs)
- Under 9: required to be in booster seats with seat belts when the child is under nine years of age or until they have reached the height of 145 cm (4’9”) tall
- Youth: A properly adjusted seat belt is the last stage for anyone over 9 years age
Our free clothing exchange will be open for the first time this Wednesday, Nov. 15th, from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Please enter the gym through the outside doors and join us in storage room #1 to share and or pick up free clothing.
Lost and Found
These are the final few days for our current Lost and Found display. Please encourage your children to search for missing clothing items and parents are welcome to check out the display after first picking up a visitor badge from the main office. Some lost and found items will be added to our clothing exchange and others will be added to the clothing bin at the front of the school.
Pics From The Week
For information on activities, projects and news from the Vanier Learning Commons click here.
- Nov. 14 Individual photo retakes (StrongStart photos at recess only)
- Nov. 15 Clothing exchange open, 2:30
- Nov. 16 Fine Arts Performance, 9:00 a.m. in gym, families welcome
- Nov. 17 Orange Games Day
- Nov. 23 PAC Hot Lunch Day – hot dogs
- Nov. 28 November Monthly Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- Dec. 1 SFU Student Teachers final day
- Dec. 5 PAC Meeting, 8:45 a.m.
- Dec. 12 Term 1 Ends
- Dec. 14 Early Dismissal, 1:30 for parent interviews or student led conferences
- Dec. 15 PAC Movie Night, 5:30 doors open
- Dec. 21 Christmas Sing-a-long, 10:50 a.m. in gym, families welcome
- Dec. 22 last day of classes before winter break
- Jan. 8 school reopens after winter break
- Jan. 8 Dance In Schools week 1 begins
- Jan. 9 PAC meeting, 8:45 a.m.