IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- EXTENDED ABSENCES
- TRAFFIC CONCERNS
- FRASER HEALTH & IMMUNIZATIONS
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
When planning extended absences for vacation please contact the school before finalizing your trip. This allows you to discuss dates and the impact of the absence for your child.
School District policy states that schools may hold a student’s place in a classroom for up to 25 consecutive school days. Students who are absent for more than 25 consecutive school days risk losing their place if it is required for new students. The school may deregister your child if the space is required for a new student.
As of today, our school is full or almost full at every grade level, except grade 4.
We continue to be have concerns about traffic in front of the school (on 142nd) and on neighbouring streets. Traffic during the mornings and afternoons can be quite hectic with many drivers seen doing u-turns in the middle of 142, yelling, honking and speeding. At times emergency vehicles are challenged to navigate through our school area. We have also had neighbours express concerns about illegal parking in front of their homes. Thank you for following the rules of the road, being safe and modelling self control for our students.
Fraser Health & Immunization
Pics From The Week
For information on activities, projects and news from the Vanier Learning Commons click here.
- Dec. 5 PAC Meeting, 8:45 a.m.
- Dec. 12 Term 1 Ends
- Dec. 14 Early Dismissal, 1:30 for parent interviews or student led conferences
- Dec. 14 Clothing Exchange Open, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Dec. 14 PAC Movie Night, 5:30 doors open
- Dec. 17 Horizon Church, Gift Box wrapping, 5:00 p.m. at the church, volunteers welcome
- Dec. 21 Extended Recess, 10:00 – 10:30 a.m.
- Dec. 21 Christmas Sing-a-long, 10:50 a.m. in gym, families welcome
- Dec. 21 Horizon Church Gift Boxes
- Dec. 22 last day of classes before winter break
- Jan. 8 school reopens after winter break
- Jan. 8 Dance In Schools week 1 begins
- Jan. 9 PAC meeting, 8:45 a.m.