IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- MINDFUL BREATHING
- EARLY DISMISSAL
- CLOTHING EXCHANGE
- PAC MOVIE NIGHT
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
“Just Breathe” by Julie Bayer Salzman & Josh Salzman (Wavecrest Films)
Thursday, Dec. 14th is our Early Dismissal Day at 1:30 p.m. This will be an opportunity to connect with teachers and find out more about student learning. Please look for a notice or note in the Planner to know about your teacher’s specific plans for this day.
The GV Clothing Exchange will also be open on Thursday at 1:30. Please drop by the gym to donate or select free clothing items. Families are asked to enter the gym through the outside gym doors. Parent volunteers are also welcome to help out.
PAC Movie Night – Thursday, Dec. 14
Please look for a notice to go home this week which will tell you more about our upcoming Christmas Mash-Up movie night! Come and join us in the gym for fun, food, and community building. The doors will open at 5:30 and the movie begins at 6:00 p.m. Parents / guardians must stay and supervise children and extra volunteers are always welcome!
Pics From The Week
For information on activities, projects and news from the Vanier Learning Commons click here.
- Dec. 12 Term 1 Ends
- Dec. 14 Early Dismissal, 1:30 for parent interviews or student led conferences
- Dec. 14 Clothing Exchange Open, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Dec. 14 PAC Movie Night, 5:30 doors open
- Dec. 15 Staff Luncheon, hosted by PAC, 11:45 – 12:30 in the gym
- Dec. 17 Horizon Church, Gift Box wrapping, 5:00 p.m. at the church, volunteers welcome
- Dec. 21 Extended Recess, 10:00 – 10:30 a.m.
- Dec. 21 Christmas Sing-a-long, 10:50 a.m. in gym, families welcome
- Dec. 21 Horizon Church Gift Boxes
- Dec. 22 last day of classes before winter break
- Jan. 8 school reopens after winter break
- Jan. 8 Dance In Schools week 1 begins
- Jan. 9 PAC meeting, 8:45 a.m.