IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- UPCOMING DATES
- READY SET LEARN
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
An invitation to participate!! Are you a parent or grandparent of a child at Georges Vanier who is First Nations, Inuit or Metis? If so, we’d like to invite you to share a song, dance, or story at one of the assemblies during the First Peoples in Residence week. Please contact Mr. Dekerf or Ms. Perry if you’d like to share in some small way.
Pics From The Week
For information on activities, projects and news from the Vanier Learning Commons click here.
- Jan. Kindergarten Registration continues each day, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Jan. 31 January Monthly assembly, 9:00 a.m. – family members welcome
- Feb. 5-9 First Peoples in Residence week begins
- Feb. 5 First Peoples in Residence opening assembly, 9:00 a.m. – all are welcome
- Feb. 9 First Peoples in Residence closing assembly, 10:30 a.m. – all are welcome
- Feb. 6 PAC meeting, 8:45 a.m.
- Feb. 12 Family Day Holiday
- Feb. 13 PAC treat day
- Feb. 14 Valentine’s Day – School Spirit Day
- Feb. 16 Non-instructional Day – no school for students
- Feb. 20 Parent Forum, 6:45 – 8:30 @ REC
- Feb. 26 StrongStart closed
- Feb. 28 Pink Shirt Day
- Mar. 2 School Spirit Day
- Mar. 8 Fine Arts Performance
- Mar. 13 Early Dismissal, 1:30 p.m. (student led conferences or parent teacher meetings)
- Mar. 16 Last Day before Spring Break and Easter Break
- April 3 School re-opens after the break