IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- GANGS, SOCIAL MEDIA, & THE DRUG TRADE – PARENT PRESENTATION
- LOST AND FOUND
- CLOTHING EXCHANGE OPEN
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
This is our final week of school before Spring Break! Please be reminded that Tuesday is our early dismissal day for parent / teacher meetings or student led conferences. There will also be an important information meeting about “Gangs” in the gym on Tuesday, and all parents & guardians are encouraged to attend. We wish all of our families a wonderful break and look forward to reconnecting when classes are back in session on Tuesday, April 3.
Parent Workshop @ Georges Vanier – Tuesday 2:00 – 4:00
Gangs, the Drug Trade and Social Media
“Shattering the Image is a joint project between the Surrey School District, the Surrey RCMP and the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit of British Columbia. Topics covered include a detailed explanation of the workings of the street level drug trade, how gangs recruit and the presence of gangs on social media. This presentation has proven to be a useful tool in educating young people on the most current trends seen on the streets in regards to the drug trade in Surrey. ”
Lost & Found
Please be sure to check out the many items that are on display in our main hallway until Friday afternoon. After this time, all unclaimed items will be donated to our clothing exchange or local charity.
Please feel welcome to drop by storage room # 1 in the gym on Tuesday afternoon between 1:30 and 2:30 p.m. Please enter through the outside gym doors on the north side of the school.
Pics From the Week
For information on activities, projects and news from the Vanier Learning Commons click here.
- Mar. 13 Early Dismissal, 1:30 p.m. (student led conferences or parent teacher meetings)
- Mar. 13 Clothing Exchange open @ 1:30 p.m.
- Mar. 13 Parent Workshop in the gym, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. – all families welcome!
- Mar. 15 March Monthly Assembly, 10: 30 a.m.
- Mar. 16 PAC Hot Lunch Day
- Mar. 16 Last Day before Spring Break and Easter Break
- April 3 School re-opens after the break