IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- GEORGES VANIER SCHOOL WILL BE 50!
- PAC CHOCOLATE FUNDRAISER
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- STRONGSTART NEWSLETTER
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
Did you know that less than a year from now our school will be 50 years old? Staff are already coming together and talking about fun and meaningful ways to celebrate this milestone throughout next school year. Look forward to hearing more about our plans and feel free to let others know about this exciting news!
PAC Chocolate Fundraiser
Our school will be participating in a chocolate fund raiser and we are asking each family to sell one case of chocolate.
We will be selling World’s Finest Chocolate Nut Free $2.00 Choc Box Variety Case. Each carry case contains 30 chocolate items (bars, raisins, mints & more). If each family sells one case of chocolate our school profit will be $10,755.00.
WE DO NOT PROMOTE DOOR TO DOOR SALES. We encourage sales to family, friends, neighbours and co-workers. There will be some great prizes for students/families that sell a case of chocolate. Prizes to be earned include 5 Pound Chocolate Bars, Giant Gumball Bank, fun keychains and many more for draws and lots of fun for participants!
If you feel your family is unable to participate in this campaign by selling a case of chocolate, there will be an option to decline.
More details will be coming home to you later this month. Please contact PAC or the office with any questions.
Pics From The Week
For information on activities, projects and news from the Vanier Learning Commons click here.
- April 23 – May 11 – PAC chocolate fundraiser
- April 26 – Spring Concert -cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances
- May 2 photo day
- May 4 Non-instructional day – classes not in session
- May 16 Early dismissal day, 1:30 (teachers planning, assessment and program evaluation)
- May 21 Victoria Day holiday
- May 24 Parent Appreciation Tea & Variety Show, in the morning
- May 28 Non-instructional Day – classes not in session
- June 5 District Track & Field meet at Bear Creek Park
- June 8 Sports Day
- June 20 Celebration Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 26 Grade 7 Farewell Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 28 Term 3 Ends, Early Dismissal @ 1:30, Final Day for Students