IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- WALK TO SCHOOL WEDNESDAYS
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
Walk to School Wednesdays
The Social Responsibility Leadership team is promoting the use of active transportation for the daily trip to and from school. Please join us in our efforts to walk or wheel to school (scooter, bicycle) on Walk to School Wednesdays. Our health, safety, and environment benefit, when we walk to school. Walking to school increases our physical activity levels and reduces traffic issues (congestion, emissions). Encourage your child to walk to school (everyday), but especially on Wednesdays!
From 8:15-8:30 on Wednesday mornings members of the Leadership team will be in 3 locations wearing their green shirts. Students who walk to school will be encouraged to go and see them for a stamp. Leaders will be at both crosswalks in the front of the school, and near the Skynet at the back of the school stamping hands of students who walked to school.
Pics From The Week
For information on activities, projects and news from the Vanier Learning Commons click here.
- April 23 – May 11 – PAC chocolate fundraiser
- April 26 – Spring Concert –cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances
- May 2 photo day
- May 4 Non-instructional day – classes not in session
- May 16 Early dismissal day, 1:30 (teachers planning, assessment and program evaluation)
- May 21 Victoria Day holiday
- May 24 Parent Appreciation Tea & Variety Show, in the morning
- May 28 Non-instructional Day – classes not in session
- June 5 District Track & Field meet at Bear Creek Park
- June 8 Sports Day
- June 20 Celebration Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 26 Grade 7 Farewell Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 28 Term 3 Ends, Early Dismissal @ 1:30, Final Day for Students