IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- PAC CHOCOLATE FUNDRAISER
- PARENT APPRECIATION TEA & VARIETY SHOW
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
This is the final week for PAC chocolate sales! Please continue to bring your money or unsold chocolates to the staffroom each morning. We appreciate how families have supported our big fundraising project! All funds that are raised will go towards supporting student learning opportunities, school initiatives , and home / school communication (ie. field trips, Dance in School, Yoga lessons, a new school communication sign and more…)
Parent / Guardian Appreciation Tea & Variety Show is coming to GV!
We look forward to celebrating our school volunteers during the morning of Thursday, May 23 @ 8:30 a.m. Please join us in the Learning Commons for words of thanks, entertainment, treats and a warm beverage. The Variety Show will follow afterwards at 9:00 a.m. Please mark your calendar and plan to attend!
Pics From The Week
Learning Commons News
We are so proud of this collaborative Learning Commons project which included the participation of every student at our school. Each division looked at the life cycle of the salmon from an Indigenous Perspective: showing true colours, persevering in the face of struggles, following your heart, honouring your ancestors, protecting the environment and the interconnectedness of life. Safety First from Kindergarten to Grade 7: Sanding the wood and drilling the holes. Thanks to Brian Newbold for the jigs. The painters each did one part of a salmon and were totally engaged in this cooperative project. Over 500 students made 100 fish.The project took one full month to complete, including our lessons and discussions before we started to create the plaques.
For information on activities, projects and news from the Vanier Learning Commons click here.
- May 4 Non-instructional day – classes not in session
- May 9 FInal Day for PAC chocolate fundraiser -return all money and unsold chocolate
- May 16 Early dismissal day, 1:30 (teacher planning, assessment and program evaluation)
- May 21 Victoria Day holiday
- May 23 Earthquake Drill
- May 24 Parent Appreciation Tea & Variety Show, in the morning
- May 28 Non-instructional Day – classes not in session
- May 30 TEDx Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 5 District Track & Field meet at Bear Creek Park
- June 8 Sports Day
- June 20 Celebration Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 26 Grade 7 Farewell Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 28 Term 3 Ends, Early Dismissal @ 1:30, Final Day for Students