IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- CLASS PLACEMENT REQUESTS
- PARENT APPRECIATION TEA & VARITY SHOW
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
Student Placement Requests
If you would like to make a request about your child’s placement for next year, please put this in writing and submit your letter to Mr. Dekerf before the end of May. Requests may include a description of a preferred learning environment or details about your child. Parents may not request a certain teacher by name.
Parent requests will be one part of our decision making process as we work collaboratively to create balanced classes which include the following considerations:
-Ministry of Education class size and composition requirements, individual strengths, learning styles, areas for further development, social / emotional needs, various supports, friendships, parent requests, etc.
Parent / Guardian Appreciation Tea & Variety Show is coming to GV!
We look forward to celebrating our school volunteers during the morning of Thursday, May 23 @ 8:30 a.m. Please join us in the Learning Commons for words of thanks, entertainment, treats and a warm beverage. The Variety Show will follow afterwards at 9:00 a.m. Please mark your calendar and plan to attend!
Pics From The Week
For information on activities, projects and news from the Vanier Learning Commons click here.
- May 24 Parent / Guardian Appreciation Tea & Variety Show, in the morning
- May 28 Non-instructional Day – classes not in session
- May 30 TED Talks Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 4-8 School Travel Celebration Week
- June 5 District Track & Field meet at Bear Creek Park
- June 5 PAC Meeting, 8:45 in staffroom
- June 8 Sports Day & PAC Subway lunch
- June 11 Yoga Lessons this week for all classes
- June 14 Grade 7s to Cultus Lake for year-end trip
- June 20 Celebration Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 21 National Indigenous Peoples Day
- June 22 Last day for StrongStart
- June 26 Grade 7 Farewell Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 28 Term 3 Ends, Early Dismissal @ 1:30, Final Day for Students