IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- NON-INSTRUCTIONAL DAY – MONDAY, MAY 28-2018
- WE CREATE CHANGE CAMPAIGN
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
Monday, May 28, Non-Instructional Day – no school for students
GV staff will be working together on Monday to reflect on our school-wide Social Emotional Learning goals and begin planning for next school year. We’ll also develop very preliminary class organizations.
If you would like to make a request about your child’s placement for next year, please put this in writing and submit your letter to Mr. Dekerf before the end of May. Requests may include a description of a preferred learning environment or details about your child. Parents may not request a certain teacher by name.
Wednesday, May 30th is our TEDx Talk Assembly, 9:00 a.m. in the gym. Family members are welcome to attend!
We Create Change Campaign
GV leadership students will be collecting change starting Tuesday, May 29th until Friday, June 1. This fundraising campaign will hep support access to clean water in India. Please help support this initiative by bringing coins on the following days and helping to meet or exceed our $200 goal for the week.
- Tuesday – toonies
- Wednesday – loonies
- Thursday – quarters
- Friday – nickels and dimes
Pics From The Week
Thanks to the many family members who came out to our Appreciation Tea and Variety Show!
For information on activities, projects and news from the Vanier Learning Commons click here.
- May 30 TED Talk Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 4-8 School Travel Celebration Week
- June 5 District Track & Field meet at Bear Creek Park
- June 5 PAC Meeting, 8:45 in staffroom
- June 8 Sports Day & PAC Subway lunch
- June 11-15 Yoga Lessons this week for all classes
- June 14 Grade 7s to Cultus Lake for year-end trip
- June 20 Celebration Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 21 National Indigenous Peoples Day
- June 22 Last day for StrongStart
- June 26 Grade 7 Farewell Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 28 Term 3 Ends, Early Dismissal @ 1:30, Final Day for Students