IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- WALK AND ROLL CELEBRATION WEEK
- SPORTS DAY
- RAISING DIGITALLY RESPONSIBLE YOUTH
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
We look forward to having many of our students and families, walk, bike, roll and scoot to school throughout this week, June and beyond. Please see the map below and begin to plan your best route to school. You could even win an individual or class prize!
This Friday is Sports Day!
We encourage students to be dressed in their team colour. The teams are Black, Red, Blue and White. Each class has been assigned a colour on Monday.
Groups will be mixed with kindergarten to grade six students in each group. The grade seven students will be running the stations, as each teacher accompanies his or her group from event to event. Thank you to our grade seven leaders!
The station events will end at 11:40 a.m.
Students will play outside at 11:45 and then eat lunch in their classrooms at 12:10 p.m. (REGULAR SCHEDULE) It is a PAC hot lunch day and those students who have pre-ordered will have their lunches delivered to the classrooms.
PAC will be running a concession with pizza, chips, drinks, and other treats for $1 or $2 per item.
In the afternoon, students will meet on the lower intermediate grass field for grade-group running races, house team events and a pre-school race.
Please ensure your child is dressed for the weather of the day. Hats, pre-applied sunscreen and water bottle will be important. Please have your child wear running shoes and not flip flops. There will be a freezie given to each child around recess time.
Family, friends, guardians, grandparents and pre-schoolers are all welcome to come and enjoy our GV Sports Day.
We look forward to Sports Day on Friday!
Raising Digitally Responsible Youth
On Tuesday, June 5th from 6:30 – 8:30 pm, Safe Schools will be hosting a parent forum at Kwantlen Park Secondary on Raising Digitally Responsible Youth. This session is funded by the Ministry of Ed and will be delivered by Safer Schools Together. Doors open at 6 pm.
Please invite your parents, school PAC and staff to attend this informative presentation by distributing and posting the attached flyer. https://www.surreyschools.ca/departments/SAFE/Documents/KP%20Parent%20Forum%202018.pdf
Pics From The Week
For information on activities, projects and news from the Vanier Learning Commons click here.
- June 4-8 School Travel Celebration Week
- June 5 District Track & Field meet at Bear Creek Park
- June 5 PAC Meeting, 8:45 in staffroom
- June 8 Sports Day & PAC Subway lunch
- June 11-15 Yoga Lessons this week for all classes
- June 14 Grade 7s to Cultus Lake for year-end trip
- June 20 Celebration Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 21 National Indigenous Peoples Day
- June 22 Last day for StrongStart
- June 26 Grade 7 Farewell Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 28 Term 3 Ends, Early Dismissal @ 1:30, Final Day for Students