IN THIS ISSUE:
- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- LEARNING COMMONS NEWS
- UPCOMING DATES
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
Our Walk and Roll celebration was a big success! We observed more students walking, rolling and scooting to school throughout the week. Our school bike rack was often full and there were moments when the drop off bay was empty in the morning! Please continue to find alternate and active modes and routes to school throughout June and beyond. Congratulations to individual prize winners from Div. 3 and 23 and to Div. 6 for winning the class pizza party prize for the most walkers and rollers!
A bit of inclement weather did not dampen our students’ spirits on Sports Day! Our awesome grade 7 leaders, staff, volunteers and PAC pulled things together with positivity, flexibility and a sense of joy and fun. The morning was spent outside during our station rotations and the afternoon in classrooms with relaxing grade group activities. We plan to hold some house team races and relays during an upcoming sunny afternoon in June. Stay tuned for a date and time.
District Track and Field Meet
Congratulations to our athletes who attended the T&F Meet at Bear Creek Park this past week. We are proud of your great dedication, sportsmanship and commitment to our school team!
Thanks to our many teacher coaches who helped support our students and to our friends at Horizon Church for providing bussing and volunteers at our meet.
More Pics From The Week
For information on activities, projects and news from the Vanier Learning Commons click here.
- June 11-15 Yoga Lessons this week for all classes
- June 14 Grade 7s to Cultus Lake for year-end trip
- June 20 Celebration Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 21 National Indigenous Peoples Day
- June 22 Last day for StrongStart
- June 26 Grade 7 Farewell Assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- June 28 Term 3 Ends, Early Dismissal @ 1:30, Final Day for Students
- Aug. 27 – 31 School open for new student registration
- Sept. 3 Labour Day Holiday
- Sept. 4 School Opens – first day for students, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Sept. 5 First full day of classes
- Sept. 11 First PAC meeting and election, 8:30 a.m.
- Sept. 24 Non-Instructional Day
- Sept. 28 Orange Shirt Day
- Oct. 4 Meet the Teacher event