- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- NON-INSTRUCTIONAL DAY MONDAY – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
- PARENT ADVISOR COMMITTEE
- YOGA CLUB – THURSDAYS
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- UPCOMING DATES
- 50th ANNIVERSARY YEAR
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
This Monday, Sept. 24th is our first Non-Instructional Day. There will be no school for students. Staff will be working at the school and learning more about Social Emotional Learning, Robotics, Indigenous Education, SOGI, and exploring school learning resources together.
PAC – Parent Advisory Committee
We are pleased to welcome back the following parents to our PAC executive committee, 2018-19.
- President: Mani Sidhu
- Vice President: Krista Wolfram
- Treasurer: Parm Uppal
- Co-Secretaries: Diane Boszale and Rob Sidhu
New members are always welcome! Please see the PAC board outside the office to connect with the executive and find out how you can become involved.
We are very pleased to offer a free Thursday yoga program at lunch time with our favourite instructor, Miranda Guimond! This opportunity is open to all students who are interested in learning to relax, focus, and improve their physical and emotional well being. Come to the gym on Thursdays at 11:45 for yoga fun with Miranda!
Pics From The Week
Thanks for our parent volunteers who helped supervise a fun and safe Terry Fox Run on Friday. The following parents won draw prizes: Ms. Kaur, Ms. Dhammu, Ms. Kaur Sidhu
- Sept. 24 Non-Instructional Day
- Sept. 28 Orange Shirt Day
- Oct. 2 PAC meeting
- Oct. 4 Motivational Speaker for students – Michael Bortolotto
- Oct. 4 Meet the Teacher event
- Oct. 8 Thanksgiving holiday
- Oct. 11 Picture Day – individual student photos
- Oct. 19 Non-Instructional Day
- Oct. 31 Halloween
- Nov. 1 Diwali pizza lunch for students
- Nov. 2 Diwali assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- Nov. 2 Diwali lunch for staff and parents, 11:45 in the gym
- Nov. 8 Remembrance Day assembly, 10:40 a.m.
- Nov. 9 Non-Instructional Day
- Nov. 12 Remembrance Day – school closed
Georges Vanier Elementary School will be 50 years old, February, 2019!
Everyone is invited to learning and celebrate with us.