- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- MEET THE TEACHER
- PAC MEETING
- SPECIAL MOTIVATIONAL PRESENTATION
- WALK AND WHEEL TO SCHOOL! Oct. 1 – 5
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- UPCOMING DATES
- 50th ANNIVERSARY YEAR
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
We look forward to welcoming all of our families to school on Thursday from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. for our Meet the Teacher evening. This will be an opportunity for you to see the school, tour around your child’s classroom and connect briefly with the classroom teacher. Teacher will not have time or space to share personal student progress updates during this event. Please look forward to upcoming FreshGrade progress posts throughout the year and book an appointment at any time to talk further with teachers about your child’s progress and development.
Please plan to join us on Tuesday morning at 8:45 in the staffroom for our next PAC Meeting!
We are looking forward to having motivational speaker, Michael Bortolotto, come to our school on Thursday to talk to our grade groups in the gym. Click here for more information.
- Kindergarten, grades 1,2 – 10:25 a.m.
- grades 3,4,5 – 11:00 a.m.
- grades 6,7 – 1:00 p.m.
Walk and Wheel to School!
DASH BC is excited to present our 11th annual Walk and Wheel to School event as part of International Walk to School Month (iWalk) from October 1st – 5th, 2018. Walk and Wheel to School encourages students, parents, staff, and community members to celebrate the many benefits of walking to school, such as:
- Celebrating active transportation and encouraging daily physical activity
- Promoting opportunities to practice safe walking and biking skills and identifying safe routes to school
- Enhancing the connection between students, parents, schools, and communities in a fun and interactive way
- Reducing school traffic congestion and vehicle emissions
See below for resources and supports to help your school participate in this worldwide initiative.
Share with us how your school participated in this year’s Walk and Wheel to School.
Tweet us your pictures @DASHBC and let us know how many students participated!
Click here for more information.
Hello Georges Vanier families,
You may remember last year we began participating in the City of Surrey’s School Travel Planning program, which we launched with an online family survey. In order to see how the program has impacted our school community, the organizers have developed a follow-up survey available online at the following link: bit.ly/2018STPFollowUpSurvey. The survey will be open from Tuesday, October 9-Friday, November 2. Please take 5-10 minutes to respond to the questions. Your participation is important in understanding what is working and what challenges still exist in our community. As a ‘thank you’, if you enter your name and email you will have an opportunity to win a $100 gift certificate for Canadian Tire.
Pics From The Week
- Oct. 2 PAC meeting, 8:45 a.m. – all welcome!
- Oct. 4 Motivational Speaker for students – Michael Bortolotto
- Oct. 4 Meet the Teacher event, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Oct. 8 Thanksgiving holiday
- Oct. 9 – Nov. 2 – Family Survey open – click here
- Oct. 11 Picture Day – individual student photos
- Oct. 19 Non-Instructional Day
- Oct. 31 Halloween
- Nov. 1 Diwali lunch for students
- Nov. 2 Diwali assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- Nov. 2 Diwali lunch for staff and parents, 11:45 in the gym
- Nov. 8 Remembrance Day assembly, 10:40 a.m.
- Nov. 9 Non-Instructional Day
- Nov. 12 Remembrance Day – school closed
- Nov. 19 Grade 2/3 Rail Safety presentation in the gym @ 9:00 a.m.
Georges Vanier Elementary School will be 50 years old, February, 2019!
February 21, 2019 is the date of our special after school event.
Parents, special guests and alumni are welcome!