- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- HAPPY DIWALI
- REMEMBRANCE DAY
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- UPCOMING DATES
- 50th ANNIVERSARY YEAR
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
PAC will be selling treats at recess time on Monday for $2.00 each in the undercover area. Please send a toonie with your child to school, if you like.
Students are invited to wear appropriate costumes to school on Wednesday for Halloween. Many teachers have communicated with parents about when to wear costumes. We ask that costumes be not too scary, no mask, no blood, and no weapon replicas. We want everyone to feel comfortable and have fun!
We are also celebrating Diwali this week. There is a pizza lunch for students on Thursday, whole school assembly on Friday @ 9:00 a.m. and staff / parent luncheon 11:45 a.m. on Friday. Everyone is welcome to join us and dress for this special occasion.
On Thursday, Nov. 8th we will honour Remembrance Day at our school wide assembly. Students who are part of Guides, Scouts, Cadets or other such groups, are invited to come dressed in uniform. Any parents, grandparents or family members who served as peace keepers are welcomed and will be honoured. Please see Mr. Dekerf at the office for more details.
Thanks to students and families who donate Toonies for Terry. Georges Vanier school made a donation of $393.25 to the B.C. Cancer Foundation. Thanks for your generosity.
Pics From The Week
- Oct. 9 – Nov. 2 – Family Survey open (you can win a prize if you leave your name) – click here
- Oct. 29 PAC Halloween treat bags for sale at recess time
- Oct. 31 Halloween – primary parade, 9:00 a.m. in the gym – parents welcome
- Nov. 1 Diwali lunch for students
- Nov. 2 Diwali assembly, 9:00 a.m.
- Nov. 2 Diwali lunch for staff and parents, 11:45 in the gym
- Nov. 8 Remembrance Day assembly, 10:40 a.m.
- Nov. 9 Non-Instructional Day
- Nov. 12 Remembrance Day – school closed
- Nov. 19 Grade 2/3 Rail Safety presentation in the gym @ 9:00 a.m.
Georges Vanier Elementary School will be 50 years old, February, 2019!
February 21, 2019 is the date of our special after school event.
Parents, special guests and alumni are welcome!
Grade groups are learning about different decades. During September and October, grade 6 & 7 students have been learning more about life in the 1960s & 1970s.
Special 50th Anniversary Spirit Wear is now on sale! Order forms were sent home with students and there are more available at the office. Size samples are also outside the office.