- PRINCIPAL / VICE PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE
- NEW TECHNOLOGY POLICY
- NORTH POLE MUSICAL TICKET ORDERS SENT HOME
- PAC MEETING, TUESDAY
- PICS FROM THE WEEK
- UPCOMING DATES
- 50th ANNIVERSARY YEAR
Principal / Vice Principal’s Message
Technology Use Policy
At Georges Vanier, we continue to promote positive digital citizenship within our classrooms. Digital citizenship is the ability to use technology in an appropriate, productive and responsible way. Students may have personal electronic devices at school, with parent and teacher permission; however, they are expected to follow the expectations below:
- Students are responsible for keeping their device safe. The school is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen devices.
- Students are not permitted to use electronic devices at recess or lunch.
- Cyberbullying or inappropriate messages should be reported immediately.
- Students should not take photos or videos of others or post information about others without permission.
- When accessing the internet or social media apps, students should follow the school district internet usage policy including not accessing inappropriate material and not posting personal or identifying information.
- Use of a personal device at school is optional, at parent discretion. Bringing a personal electronic device to school is never mandatory.