Principal/Vice Principal Message
Welcome back to school! We hope that everyone enjoyed a relaxing Spring Break. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Lianne McBride and I am thrilled to be joining the Georges Vanier community as your new principal. I feel fortunate to be working along side Brian Newbold (Vice Principal) to complete your administration team. I have loved working in the Surrey School district as a teacher and as a Vice Principal for over twenty years. I feel like I have come a ‘full circle’ as twenty five years ago, I was a student teacher at this wonderful school. I am the proud mother of two children; Nolan (11) and Brady (8) and when I am not at Georges Vanier, I join my husband at the hockey rink or at the swimming pool to watch our boys in each sport. The picture below is of our two boys on the first day of school this past September.
During my first week at Georges Vanier, I felt very welcomed into the community. The students and staff seemed happy to back to school after Spring Break and are ready for rich learning as we begin the third term.
Please do not hesitate to come by and say ‘hello’ either outside or come by the office. I look forward to getting to know all the students and families that make up this wonderful community.
Mrs. Lianne McBride and Mr. Brian Newbold.
Pictures of the Week:
Division 9 and 10 enjoyed a fun filled day at the Vancouver Maritime Museum. It was a beautiful day for learning together.
Getting active at Georges Vanier!
- Congratulations to our Ultimate team who played their first home game of the season on our field this week. The weather cooperated and our students displayed wonderful sportsmanship against Woodward Hill Elementary.
- Our badminton practices are in full swing 🙂 and the students are looking forward to the playday at Chimney Hill Elementary on April 25th.
- Our school’s running club begins on Tuesday April 9th. Running club will be from 2:30 to 3:00 pm and parents are asked to ensure that your child has a safe way home at 3:00. Parents are welcome to come out and join the runners!
Upcoming Dates: Mark your calendar!
- April 8th: Curriculum Implementation Day (Pro-d). Students do not attend.
- April 14th: Vaisakhi
- April 19th: Good Friday: School Closed
- April 22nd: Easter Monday: School Closed
Looking forward to a great week ahead!